Corona virus precautions at Central Oxford Osteopathy
Jamie Dearing | 17 March, 2020
Central Oxford Osteopathy remains open to help our current and future patients, whilst taking every precaution given the developing situation surrounding Corona virus (COVID-19) and the growing concerns we all feel.
What is Central Oxford Osteopathy doing to keep our clinic and patients safe?
- Screening all patients at the point of booking in line with Government guidelines
- Screening all patients, staff and visitors upon arrival into the clinic
- Providing all visitors access to alcohol-based hand sanitizer upon entry and exist
- Increasing the frequency and thoroughness of cleaning around the building, including sanitizing door handles and other frequently used surfaces.
- We use disposable couch roll on all of our treatment couches and replace it with fresh couch roll for each new patient.
- We also wipe our treatment couches with hospital-grade anti-viral wipes before each patient treatment.
What can I do to help? (Patient Information)
- Please do not come into the clinic if you have any flu-like symptoms such as a new, persistent cough or a high temperature (over 37.8 oC) OR if you’ve had close contact with somebody confirmed or suspected of having Corona virus.
- Please avoid bringing along visitors / family members to your appointment, unless necessary, in order to reduce the volume of visitors entering the clinic
- Keep your hands clean, wash regularly and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
- Carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes, bin the tissue and then wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser to eliminate germs
Visiting Central Oxford Osteopathy
Central Oxford Osteopathy remains open as normal, with the above measures in place for all of our wellbeing. Any change to our current status will be clearly communicated on our home page, via our reception team and our online booking system.
Please be reassured that, unlike GP surgeries, we primarily use gentle, manual techniques to ease pain, release muscle tension and improve joint mobility in patients who are otherwise well in themselves.
Our reception area provides plenty of room to maintain appropriate ‘social distancing’.
But if you’re feeling unwell or needing to self-isolate and would like to rearrange or cancel your appointment, please call our reception team on 01865 236353 at your earliest convenience. In light of the current situation we are waiving any cancellation fees that would usually be incurred.
You may want to consider supporting our clinic in these uncertain times by buying treatment vouchers for yourself or a friend to use in the future (valid for 24 months). A block of five treatments is available at a generous discount.
Many thanks and good health
Jamie and the clinic team